Andre McDonald’s murder trial continues for a third day

McDonald faces life in prison if found guilty of killing his wife in 2019.

SAN ANTONIO — The trial of Air Force Major Andre McDonald continued for a third day Wednesday after text messages presented in court Tuesday showed an argument between he and his wife.

McDonald faces life in prison if found guilty of killing his wife, Andreen McDonald, in 2019. Jury selection began last week, along with pre-trial hearings. Opening statements were on Monday, which were followed by bombshell testimony and evidence presented in court.

Tuesday, the prosecution showed the jury text chains between Andre and Andreen, which illustrated a disagreement about a business decision the defendant just learned about.

The previous day, shocking testimony from Andreen’s sister and mother detailed a phone call Friday from McDonald to the two women, in which he confessed to killing his wife after a business-related argument.

“I think he took off her clothes and burn it and then put her body in the car,” Johnson said. “He said that it was because he found out what she was doing about the business.”

The women testified that they believed he made the confession because he wanted them to know what happened.

Last week, McDonald’s defense team worked to get certain evidence thrown out, saying law enforcement violated McDonald’s fourth amendment rights when they searched his home on March 1 and 2.

There have been some questions about if McDonald still holds his rank as major. We’re told he does, partly because the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office filed charges against him.

The U.S. Air Force Reserve hasn’t taken disciplinary action against him so far.

The trial is expected to last a few weeks.

[embedded content]

Original News Source