Man burned after waking up to mattress on fire

The man, who is in his 60s, was taken to BAMC.

SAN ANTONIO — A man suffered some burns after officials say he woke up to his mattress being on fire.

Firefighters responded to the 200 block of Amires near NW 36th Street on the westside around 12:46 a.m. for reports of a fire.

When firefighters arrived, they saw flames showing from the front of a single-story home.

A man in his 60s suffered burns from the fire. He was taken to BAMC to be treated for his burns.

The fire was contained to a front bedroom and they were able to extinguish the flames quickly.

SAFD says that the fire started on a mattress in a bedroom in the front portion of the home. Officials say the man woke up to his mattress being on fire.

No other injuries were reported. This fire is under investigation.


[embedded content]

Learn more about KENS 5:

Since going on the air in 1950, KENS 5 has strived to be the best, most trusted news and entertainment source for generations of San Antonians.

KENS 5 has brought numerous firsts to South Texas television, including being the first local station with a helicopter, the first with its own Doppler radar and the first to air a local morning news program.

Over the years, KENS 5 has worked to transform local news. Our cameras have been the lens bringing history into local viewers’ homes. We’re proud of our legacy as we serve San Antonians today.

Today, KENS 5 continues to set the standard in local broadcasting and is recognized by its peers for excellence and innovation. The KENS 5 News team focuses on stories that really matter to our community.

You can find KENS 5 in more places than ever before, including, the KENS 5 app, the KENS 5 YouTube channel, KENS 5’s Roku and Fire TV apps, and across social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more!

Want to get in touch with someone at KENS 5? You can send a message using our Contacts page or email one of our team members.

Original News Source