Residents displaced after electrical fire just northwest of downtown, SAFD says

SAN ANTONIO – Residents of a duplex just northwest of downtown have been displaced after an electrical shortage caused a fire late Friday, according to the San Antonio Fire Department.

The fire happened just before 11 p.m. in the 700 block of Marshall Street.

SAFD says the fire started and was contained in the attic.

Firefighters cut electricity and quickly controlled the fire, said officials.

All residents made it out safely. However, both unit residents were not allowed to return home.

SAFD says they do have a place to stay.

Original News Source Link