Do you need a permit for your eclipse party in Austin? Here’s what we know

Officials say permits will allow agencies to respond accordingly to ensure public safety.

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas — With less than a week until the total solar eclipse in Central Texas, residents are finalizing their viewing plans.

Officials expect Travis County’s population to nearly double for the event, which led to a local disaster declaration. More than a dozen school districts also canceled classes ahead of the event on April 8.

Do I need a permit for an eclipse viewing party in Austin?

If you want to apply for a permit you can do it quickly here.

Officials say the purpose of registering your party is to allow first responder agencies to prepare accordingly and ensure public safety.

Camping reservations are full for parks in Travis County, but day passes are still available for Pace Bend Park or Arkansas Bend Park. Other parks that don’t require reservations will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If that has you leaning toward hosting your own viewing party for the eclipse, you won’t need a permit unless:

  • You plan on hosting more than 50 people to watch the eclipse
  • You live on private property in unincorporated areas of Travis County

RELATED: Here are some of the Central Texas roads that could be susceptible to gridlock during the total solar eclipse

KVUE reached out to county officials about a deadline for registering parties but has not yet heard back.

Meanwhile, Texans have been asked to plan ahead and stock up on supplies like water, food, snacks and gasoline since access to those items may be limited during the event.

And if you’re looking to wait until the next time Central Texas is in the path of totality to throw a party, you’ll have to wait until the year 2343.

KVUE on social mediaFacebook | X | Instagram | YouTube

[embedded content]

Original News Source

Click here for Superior HOA Management


You Can Unsubscribe At Any Time!

This will close in 0 seconds