
Jon Kross Perez died after being shot multiple times, according to officials. Family members said he was a single father of three.
SAN ANTONIO — San Antonio police are searching for suspects in the fatal shooting of a 26-year-old father outside a popular east-side hangout earlier this month.
Authorities were called to the 1600 block of Rigsby Avenue on Feb. 8 around 7 a.m. for a reported shooting in progress. Police said Jon Kross Perez was found in the back of the property with multiple gunshot wounds. He was later pronounced dead.
Police said Perez was at an “unpermitted after-hours club” with a group of friends and as they were leaving, five suspects also left the location. The suspects then rushed at the victim and assaulted him before shooting him. Nearby cameras caught the suspects leaving in two vehicles: a silver and blue sedan.
SAPD released photos of the suspected vehicles and Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to felony arrests in this crime.
Authorities said the location where Perez was hanging out has been the scene of several violent acts over the years. Perez’s mother, Heavyn Sanchez, says officials need to do something about the property.
Perez was a single father of three who was attending school and was “on his way home to get ready for graduation when he was brutally gunned down,” according to an official GoFundMe set up by the family.