Teen killed, others injured as San Antonio hit by weekend of gun violence

San Antonio reels from a violent weekend as police seek suspects.

SAN ANTONIO — Police are searching for answers after a string of weekend gunfire across San Antonio left a teen dead, several men injured and communities shaken.

Four separate incidents unfolded from early Saturday morning through Monday, ranging from highway gunfire to a deadly confrontation and an apparent road rage shooting. Authorities say the violence began before sunrise Saturday and continued into the start of the workweek.

The most recent shooting happened Monday morning before 8 a.m. near the 12500 block of Southwest Loop 410, close to State Highway 16. Officers say a suspect allegedly cut off another driver and brake-checked him before firing several shots at the victim’s vehicle. The man, believed to be in his late 30s or about 40 years old, was struck in the back of the neck and taken to a hospital in stable condition. Police said it remains unclear whether he was hit by a bullet or debris from the gunfire. The suspect’s vehicle is described as a white, four-door Chevrolet truck. The driver has not been identified.

The violence began just after 7 a.m. Saturday along the 4000 block of Interstate 35 North. Police told KENS 5 that a 34-year-old man was shot multiple times outside a business after a verbal altercation inside the establishment. Investigators say the suspect opened fire, striking the man several times.

During the same incident, another person driving northbound nearby was wounded when a bullet pierced their windshield. That victim suffered minor injuries. Police have not located the suspect and continue to investigate the circumstances leading to the confrontation.

Early Sunday morning, just after 2:30 a.m., officers responded to a disturbance at a Stone Oak-area business. Authorities say a 35-year-old man who was being escorted out by security guards pulled a gun after reaching his car. He allegedly pointed the weapon at the guards, prompting one guard to fire at him. The suspect was hospitalized with injuries that were not considered life-threatening.

Less than 18 hours later, just before 8 p.m. Sunday, 14-year-old Isaias Trevino was shot and killed. Police said the teen had been riding an electric scooter with another child when they stopped to walk and were confronted by an older man. Investigators say Trevino and the suspect became involved in a physical altercation before the suspect pulled out a handgun and shot him. The suspect fled on foot and has not been found.

As investigators work to piece together what sparked each shooting, no arrests have been announced in the highway or deadly teen shooting cases. Police are urging anyone with information to come forward.

Original News Source