Violent fugitive wanted in Indianapolis captured at south San Antonio motel, FBI says

A search of his belongings revealed two loaded pistol magazines, zip ties, a knife, a ski mask, narcotics, a Mexican passport, and both U.S. and Mexican currency.

SAN ANTONIO — A violent fugitive wanted in Indianapolis for crimes against children was captured in south San Antonio earlier this month, according to the FBI.

Federal officials said the 37-year-old man fled Indiana and was arrested on Feb. 4 at a Motel 6 in south San Antonio. The motel is located near a bus line that provides transportation to Mexico.

The arrest was part of Operation No Escape, an FBI-led, multi-agency initiative aimed at finding and apprehending violent fugitives, regardless of where they attempt to flee.

Investigators with FBI Indianapolis and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department developed leads placing the fugitive in Texas and alerted FBI San Antonio, providing critical intelligence about his possible location.

The FBI San Antonio Safe Streets Task Force then mobilized more than 100 law enforcement personnel across Texas as the fugitive traveled south from North Texas into the San Antonio area.

Officials credited multiple agencies for their support, including the Texas Department of Public Safety, U.S. Marshals Service, San Antonio Police Department, New Braunfels Police Department, Texas Department of Criminal Justice, and ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations.

The coordinated effort ultimately led investigators to the Motel 6, where the fugitive was taken into custody without incident.

A search of his belongings revealed two loaded pistol magazines, zip ties, a knife, a ski mask, narcotics, a Mexican passport, and both U.S. and Mexican currency, among other items, according to the FBI.

The suspect was booked into the Bexar County Jail on his outstanding Indiana warrant and an ICE immigration detainer.

Original News Source