Boerne Champion HS on lockdown as police investigate threat

“We take these threats seriously and have law enforcement at both high schools,” Boerne Police said.

BOERNE, Texas — Boerne Police are investigating an active threat to district schools on Wednesday, which caused some school campuses in the district to be placed on lockdown. 

Superintendent Bryan Benway updated families at 11:34 a.m. Wednesday, saying only Champion High School remains on lockdown, while Cibolo Creek Elementary School is on lockout status. He said lockdowns and lockouts had been lifted at all other district campuses.

“Law Enforcement, including police, EMS, fire, and other law enforcement, are currently on the scene at both high schools. Law enforcement has lifted the lockdown at BHS (Boerne High School),” he said. “All students and staff are safe inside of our schools and all classrooms are carrying on as usual.”

The district earlier had shared this on social media

“The Boerne Police, joined by our law enforcement partners, are investigating a threat directed at both high schools within BISD.  We take these threats seriously and have law enforcement at both high schools. As a result, both campuses are on lockdown and all other BISD schools are on lock-out.”

The Boerne Police, joined by our law enforcement partners, are investigating a threat directed at both high schools…

Posted by Boerne Police Department on Wednesday, January 31, 2024

The district updated families on the specifics of the lockdown and lockouts, saying in an email, “While in lockout mode no staff or students are allowed outside of the school until the situation is resolved, i.e., no outside recess, classes, physical education, etc., while lockdown mode is students and staff secure interior doors and stay secure inside classrooms.”

The district also asked parents not to come to any campuses at this time.

KENS 5 has a crew on the scene, and we will update this story as we learn more.

This is a developing story. Watch for updates at KENS5.com.

[embedded content]

Learn more about KENS 5:

Since going on the air in 1950, KENS 5 has strived to be the best, most trusted news and entertainment source for generations of San Antonians.

KENS 5 has brought numerous firsts to South Texas television, including being the first local station with a helicopter, the first with its own Doppler radar and the first to air a local morning news program.

Over the years, KENS 5 has worked to transform local news. Our cameras have been the lens bringing history into local viewers’ homes. We’re proud of our legacy as we serve San Antonians today.

Today, KENS 5 continues to set the standard in local broadcasting and is recognized by its peers for excellence and innovation. The KENS 5 News team focuses on stories that really matter to our community.

You can find KENS 5 in more places than ever before, including KENS5.com, the KENS 5 app, the KENS 5 YouTube channel, KENS 5’s Roku and Fire TV apps, and across social media on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more!

Want to get in touch with someone at KENS 5? You can send a message using our Contacts page or email one of our team members.

Original News Source

Running For Office? Conservative Campaign Management – Election Day Strategies!

GET FREE NEWS TODAY!

You Can Unsubscribe At Any Time!


This will close in 0 seconds