Cibolo police arrest man on murder charge linked to May 8 Austin shooting, authorities say

Authorities said with the aid of technology, officers were able to locate the vehicle in the 700 block of Cibolo Valley Drive.

CIBOLO, Texas — A man was arrested in connection to a Austin murder that occurred earlier in May, according to the Cibolo Police Department. 

On Sunday, May 10, Cibolo police responded to a FLOCK Safety alert involving a vehicle connected to a felony warrant. Authorities said with the aid of technology, officers were able to locate the vehicle in the 700 block of Cibolo Valley Drive and safely took the suspect, identified as Sean Walton, into custody without incident.

Authorities said Walton was arrested on outstanding warrants out of Burnet County for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Felon in Possession of a Firearm. He was also charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of marijuana following the arrest. 

Police also said this investigation is tied to an Austin shooting on May 8, where the victim later died from their injuries. Walton now faces a murder charge and remains in custody. 

“This case highlights how technology, combined with strong interagency communication and coordination, continues to assist law enforcement agencies in identifying and apprehending violent offenders,” Cibolo police said in a social post. 

Authorities also praised Sgt. Fennesy’s shift for their proactive police work and coordinated efforts that contributed to the safe capture of the suspect.

No other information was provided. 

Original News Source