Couple, disabled son killed in Galveston house fire caused by space heater, fire department says

“My little brother was a true spirit,” he said. “They sacrificed everything to make sure that they could provide a life for him.”

GALVESTON, Texas — Three people died in a Galveston house fire Sunday morning, Galveston Fire Department Assistant Chief Richie Pearson told KHOU 11.

This happened around 7:30 a.m. on Sealy Avenue between 11th and 12th streets.

The victims were a couple and one of their adult sons, according to Jason Sullivan, another of their sons who was at the scene.

Sullivan said his parents were the caregivers of his 47-year-old brother, who was disabled. 

“My little brother was a true spirit,” he said. “They sacrificed everything to make sure that they could provide a life for him.”

Sullivan said the only bright side to the situation is that his little brother wouldn’t have to outlive his parents.

“In a way, it’s a blessing that they all went together as a family, even though it’s tragic for the rest of us,” he said. “That’s what I’m going to lean on the most to get me through this, knowing that they’re all still together as a family.”

He said his parents had lived there for around 30 years and the home was about to be paid off the next week.

“They were looking forward to the house being paid off and not having that burden anymore,” Sullivan said.

According to the assistant chief, the house’s second story collapsed onto the first. Officials said it appeared as if a space heater initially ignited the fire in a downstairs bedroom.

No firefighters were reported injured.

KHOU 11 viewers sent in photos that appear to show the house entirely engulfed in flames.

KHOU 11 on social media: Facebook | X | Instagram | YouTube

Original News Source

Running For Office? Conservative Campaign Management – Election Day Strategies!

GET FREE NEWS TODAY!

You Can Unsubscribe At Any Time!


This will close in 0 seconds